In the event of a POWER OUTAGE, Hamilton Partners will:
- Contact Com Ed and inform tenants of details surrounding the power outage (i.e., time of outage, estimated time when power will be restored, cause of power outage if known.)
- Evacuate all elevators and direct all traffic to stairwells.
In the event of a MAJOR POWER FAILURE (a total power failure on an entire floor or a series of floors,) we ask that all tenants:
- Remain Calm.
- If possible, notify the Management Office at 630-250-9700 and provide the following information:
- Your company, name and business telephone number
- Floor number(s) where power failure has occurred
- Details of power failure
- Assist others in immediate area who may be unfamiliar with the building / workspace.
- Turn off equipment such as computers and monitors to avoid potential serious damage once the power is restored.
- If instructed to evacuate, proceed cautiously as directed. (See Evacuation section of manual).
- If you are in the dark area, proceed cautiously to an area that has emergency lights.
- If you are on an elevator, stay calm. Use the emergency phone to contact Kings III, the emergency elevator service.
- Planning for such situations includes having a flashlight available.